Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

To the two twat riders on mountain rd twisties today...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Dougz, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Thanks heaps for continuing to do laps while my mate was parked at the side of the road after crashing his VTR250. Perhaps next time it might be prudent to take a minute out of your hectic riding schedule to see if a fellow rider is OK? Especially when the bike looks llike it's slid a fair way down the road after avoiding a car crossing the white lines in a blind corner. Of course there was probably not much you could have done, but it's a courtesy thing. Maybe even just giving him someone to talk to until I got there, or offering to get a drink from the shop at the bottom of the hill? Anyway, You're F**king wankers. :evil:

So anyway, I get there to help him get his bike going and quickly decide that's just NOT going to happen as he's slightly understated the damage. :shock: The bike looks like it'll be a borderline write off.

So I ring some fellow netriders and within a few minutes found someone to come and pick the bike up while I take him to hospital as his arm was feeling a bit sore. Turns out he has a fractured collarbone. :cry:

So a big thank you to Goosh for coming to pick the bike up and for also taking it to Redwing Honda! You're a deat set legend mate :cool: Also to Robsalvv for getting back to me so promptly with suggestions. :cool: You guys are what it's all about, salt of the earth :wink:

2. i ride twat!

3. :rofl:

4. Those laps were good weren't they Joel?

5. im only good for one, maybe two a day. i could do much more when i was younger!

6. Younger than 5 :shock: ?????

Well Dougz, we'd like to think that everybody lives by the "do unto others" creed, but unfortunately there are more than too many selfish people around, and some of them share our passion:(.

Nice to know that the old "Netrider Recovery and Comfort Service" is still fully operational :).

7. Glad your mate's not hurt too bad ... well not too good either but it could have been worse.

Hard to pass judgement on other riders though ... my 2c.

8. I hate selfish twats with a passion.
    those arsewipes should have at least made some effort to help in some way.

9. Some people just don't give a flying fcuk! What goes around usually comes back around to bite em in the bum.
    Great to hear you got assistance from a cpl of NRs :grin:
    Wouldn't it be a great idea to have a NR number to ring when you are in trouble, and have the closest NR's come to assist.
    "NetRider Assist" :LOL: wonder what the premium would be? :?

10. goosh to the rescue AGAIN!! ive had reason to call upon the retrider recovery line myself, and it is a very good feeling to know ther are people around that will help. goosh was the one that helped me out in my hour of need as well.

netrider assist is an awesome idea!

11. Haha, time to present a medal I do think! Yay for goosh :LOL:

12. thank you for whingeing on your friends behalf, do you feel better now?

props to you and goosh for helpin him out tho

13. Sadly you miss the point.
    As a (general) rule, riders are willing to put aside thier own interests, pleasures, safety, comforts etc, to help another rider.
    Most of us do this without thinking about "whats in it for me" or "gee, I'll miss a really good ride" if I stop and help that poor guy.
    This spirit and camradrie is why I started and continue to enjoy riding.
    If we lose that, we will just become another bunch of selfish, slef centered individuals, and easy pickings for all groups that oppose us and our right to ride.

To those who stopped, good on you. To those who didn't shame.

14. That's pretty harsh Col. :? I expected better from you.

+1 Tramp. That's exactly right mate.

15. i just find that NR has become a bunch of whingers
    like do you honestly think that by posting this topic that the two riders that allegedly rode past are gonna chime up and say sorry?

16. and here the differnace between a true motorcyclist and a person who just rides motorcycles comes out.

glad hes ok

17. Ah man... :(

That's so not the point! I don't care if they chime up or not. The underlying point of my post is that we all need to think about other riders when we're out on the roads. If we see someone who could be in trouble we should stop and see if they need a hand, because we know it hurts when we come off and we know that most times the bike won't be able to be ridden and it's a downright pain in the ass to be stuck in the middle of nowhere. That, as Tramp said my man is what separates us from other road users - we are a community because of our shared love of two wheels.

These two guys didn't just pass the scene and not stop (which is cool because sometimes you're paying so much attention to the road you miss these things) they passed the scene over and over again and didn't stop. That's what gave me the shits.

Anyway, it's all done now and I'm glad that most of you feel the way I do. Taking a minute out of your day to stop and help someone else could make their day go from 'dreadful' to 'much better' :wink:

18. i agree with you completely regarding the camaraderie amongst motorcyclists its a great part of the hobby no doubt.

i just feel it unnecessary to pass judgement on those 2 riders and call them twats. if your friend had his bike up right at the side of the road it could easily be perceived as him taking a breather at the side of the road or stopping to take a picture or have a smoke...

just sick of reading whinge posts everytime someone gets cut off by a car etc.

19. Sadly I agree with ColRR, hence my comments that it's a little hard to pass judgement. Unless we hear from the riders in question, we don't know what they were thinking.
    Anyhow if I read your initial post correctly you were not there when it happened ... you're relying on you mate's word.

The same word that said he ran off because a car crossed the centreline on a blind corner?

20. +1 everything Dougz has said. :)