Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

To the moron that filtered up beside me yesterday

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by ralph, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Dear Sir,

While in my cage, stop at the front of the lights, you filtered up the inside and stopped beside me in my lane (an action i totally support and will often move my car to ensure a bike can filter past when in traffic - and for those that do it, i appreicate nod or wave i sometimes get).

BUT I get frustrated when a light goes, i wait 2-3 secs, and you do not move, you then proceed to take off ever so slowly while i am taking off, basically sharing the lane with me. You sir are a moron and need to learn how to ride a bit better before you end up dead.

Regards
    Ralph.

2. There's your problem! :LOL:

3. haha

I am a cager to and from work - what can i say, i get a company calias to drive. The bike isnt for communting, it comes out for weekends and night rides :)

4. :LOL:

I'd be pissed off too

5. I think I have filtered to the front like.......2 times in total, and half a dozen bouts of lane splitting when theres been an accident and traffic is crawling along for 2 hours.

I am always weary of moving up to the front, but when I do I make sure that when the lights are green I am gone before the cagers around me have even removed their hoofs from the brake. I too would be annoyed at a rider if they slowed me down in any way after they jumped to the front. I have no problem with people doing it, just make sure your out of there quicksmart on green.

6. Not only does this person need to be a little quicker off the mark they need to more further forward *shakes fist*

I always seem to get stuck behind scooters and learners in the city that filter all the way to the front only to sit between the two cars instead of moving a little further out (and to the left or right).
    1. It puts you in front of the traffic not beside it.
    2. It let's other riders behind you move to the front of the traffic.

7. Holster, I have the exact same gripe. I even give them flash of the lights and give the engine a quick rev to make them aware....and they still don't move.

The worst, was a tool who continualy did this for 3 or 4 sets of lights and he was fully aware that I was behind him. I then took a different route to get away from him to only be stuck behind him again almost 1km away. He finaly left just enough room for me to squeeze through....I should have punched the tool in the arm as I went by.

8. its even worse when they start revving the shit out of it getting ready to take off on the green only to stall it, fcuk that pisses me off