Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

To Re-Jett or Not to Re-Jett? Thy Question

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by OJVSTAR, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Hi Guys,

Just got my new slash cut short shots AND Hypercharger with my trap door <3 YEHHHHHH

Ive got a 05 Yamaha V Star xvs650. My love!

Question is - to re jet after its all fitted or not? Mixed opinions on this and i want some advice. Any tips guys?

CHeers, STEPH!
  2. I have a new VStar 650 (see my picture) with V&H short shots with aftermarket pod filters which sit directly on top of the carbs. Dyno showed VERY VERY lean before rejet and after rejet power curve looked much better. Power was still only approx 40hp which is what they say it should be when stock but I def noticed more roll on power lower in the rev range as that is where I ride it (dont like to rev it out much as it is a cruizer). Air filter manufacturer (USA) suggested Jet of 127.5 I think but had to go up to 147.5 jets in the end. More crackling noise though. Hope it helps.
  3. yes, re-jet. could burn a valve otherwise. The power and smoothness is just a bonus