Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

To many KMs?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by massari, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

looking to purchase a GS500f with 65000km on the clock. It has a service history and apparently doesnt burn any oil or anything. The bike is 2500$ with RWC and 1 year rego. I will basically keep this bike for 6-12 months before purchasing a bigger bike (at this stage at least, might end up keeping it for a while)

So has this bike gone to many KM? The other option is to go CBR250R (4000$, 8000km, 2011).

What is the right bike for me! BTW I have sat on both bikes and they both feel right so no issues there.

2. That seems a very good price for a GS. I wouldn't be too worried about the kms, those engines are easily good for 100k+ if they've been looked after.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yea it is going for a rwc this Friday and the mechanic is going to do a service. I am buying it from a friend but tomorrow he will show me the receipts. Of the mechanic gives it the go ahead I guess that's what I'm getting :D

4. What jd said. Shouldn't be too hard to get your money back after 6-12 months if it looks clean and straight.

5. $2500 with12 months rego is pretty good, I wouldnt worry about the kms at that price,

6. 65,000 km is just nicely run in for a GS500.