Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

To Beard, or not to Beard.

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by _joel_, Sep 17, 2009.

1. There are two types of people that go around beardless; boys and women, and I am neither.

http://www.biggerbetterbeards.org/

It is very self explanatory.

So, stop shaving and grow one. Now.

2. oh, Joel, it's not that simple.

When I got out of the army, after 7 and a half years of enforced shaving, I let it grow.

But you know what? It takes more time and effort to keep a beard looking good than it does just to shave each morning. And if you're getting older, a greying beard makes you look even older.

3. It's not for vanity. It's pure manliness.

(Or a protest against conforming in the office)

Either way, BRING BACK THE BEARD!!!

4. Does it have to be a full facial beard or is it ok to go one of those fancy fashionable items? Does designer stubble qualify as manliness or do you have to look like you swallowed a wombat?

5. I can't grow a beard so I grow my underarm hair real long and do a "comb over".

6. Chef, according to beards.org yours is acceptable.

7. Before my current job I used to only shave about every 3 - 4 months. It was only when my mo started going in the corners of my mouth.

I grew a big orange beard shave and repeat. Now I am shaving every 2nd day, i have shaved more times in the last month then I have in 4 years. I miss the beard, also blocked alot of helmet wind noice

8. I constantly look like a homeless man that has rolled in things that shouldn't be spoken of, 1 of the advantages of being a general labourer , no need to shave, maybe i will once a week, maybe it will be 3 weeks between, only when the itching and heat, coupled with a possibility of a undiscovered tribe living in my facial hair is it acceptable to shave

9. Oh I fogot to mention when it was at it's longest (sexiest) about 6 months without a shave I kept the head of a plastic fork in the chin hair as my beard comb

10. Tsk tsk Joel. If you want to rebel against the office, a beard is the wrong way.

I teach you all now how to rebel against office conformity.

100_0293-1.

Questions?

11. The site is funny, therefore I will sacrifice my razor to the bin gods. They will be pleased by my gesture and allow my face to sprout the beard of St Nick himself.

12. I am already bearded, I have been bearded almost all of the time since I was old enough to grow one.

I will probably die bearded.

Beards... good.

Nuf said. :LOL:

13. Yeah, what's her name? :p

14. For you, Joel, whatever you like ;)

15. I tried. I can't. :( The fact that my father has a full face beard is leading me to question my legitimacy.

But

Hippie hair rocks the shit, so I care not.

16. Fear not, grasshopper. At 21 I was barely able to get more than an eyebrow on my chin, and the best mo I could get looked like extended nose hairs. Some of us develop our beardedness a little later in life.

17. True. For all the torture of puberty I can't help but feel short changed. lol.

Makes for excellent jokes, however :D

18. Only had one since I was 17... for better or worse :LOL:

19. im growin a nice beard at the mo, going on 2.5 weeks and its pretty long...

quick trim of the neck line, edges and mo once a week is all it requires....

Im bringin sexy bearded back

yeah

you naked faces dunno how to act

yeah