Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

To be riding again after 15 years

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by costavar, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Hi all,

Glad to be part of the riding community again, used to ride as a younger and freer person, it was an xt 250 back then (15 years back), now being in my fourties will order my first bike after a long time next week.

Hope to enjoy interacting with everyone in here.

Good work to whoever contributes in making this space relevant to all and keeping it alive.

Cheers,
    Costa

2. Welcome to NR and back to riding. I recently came back as well (It had never gone away) but now have come back FULL TIME.

Ride Safe. (y)

3. #3 jag131990, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    You made a good decision! Any thoughts on what kind of bike you want to get yourself on?

4. welcome to NR, I am certain you'll enjoy it here :)

5. Welcome to NR. I came back to riding last year after 36 years. It just felt so good to be riding a bike again. You're gonna love it.

6. #6 costavar, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    I am thinking of getting a Suzuki gladius, test rode it last week and loved it. Very easy to control and very lively.

7. Welcome back. I was going to ask if you'd kept your bike licence current but I see by your last post you probably didn't. Never mind, with the changes bikes have gone through in those years it's probably best you start with LAMS.....

8. No I actually did keep it current. I am looking at a full version gladius. But you are right about th changes in recent bikes. I certainly feel I need to be conservative with my choices.