Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TLC Time

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by green_envy, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Hi Boys & Girls,

It’s time to pamper my baby Ninja so opinions and recommendations are warmly welcomed.

My bike is a 1990 Kawasaki ZXR-250A with approx 37,000km on the clock.

Firstly, I’m located in the Northern Suburbs so, where should I shop when stocking up on the consumables? I’ll be replacing the oil, spark plugs, air filter, and oil filter.

Which grade and blend (semi-synthetic or fully synthetic) of oil should I use?

Thanks in advance to the many knowledgeable Netrider members.

2. I've only covered 2,500km since I bought the bike last year so this will be the first time I've changed the oil.

I changed the Camshaft Chain Tensioner last weekend and I noticed the oil was a little sludgy/dirty so I decided it was time for a service.
  3. Hey mate, for a kwaka and for parts with decent prices you should check out a company called Brian Connors Motorcycles, they're great for parts. I don't use them for servicing (if I don't do it myself), I use Automotive Plastic Welding and Motorcycles around the corner, great guys and there's a tradie in there who is a Kwaka god, knows everything and anything about any kwaka. They also do parts, but BCM are better for them.