Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tips to help us help you with fault finding

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by VTRBob, Oct 14, 2007.

1. A cut and paste from another thread.

[ I'm only using this as an example, so don't take it personally.]

This is just to broad a statement :

Where does the oil seem to be coming from ?
    Why did you put oil in, was it almost empty or down just a liittle?
    How much did you put in

The more details you put in a post, the better we can help you, plus your more likely to get a serious reply :) :wink:

2. did you put the oil pan bolt back in? :) haha
    and, specific to that one but more a generalisation, if your bike feels or sounds different, f'n pull over and stop for a minute. i took my bike to the mechanics once, and months later i'd gear down and the bike would just shake.

they'd never put a spacer in so eventually it ground a wheel bearing down to nothing.

me being stupid continued riding it after the shakes for a while, thinking i must have just been gearing down at too high a revs or something, but it could have gone horribly wrong.

anyone remember that vid where the dude pointed out to the ugly bird on her bike that she had something hanging off her bike???

noises and feelings should always be check before you go round a corner and your chain comes off or something.

3. Links to the manufacturers bike's user manuals

Links to the manufacturers bike's user manuals

General message

Justus.