Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tips + thoughts on colour change (and deep scratch repair)

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Noticibly F.A.T, Apr 18, 2008.

?
  1. Keep the current colour

100.0%
  2. Why the hell are you asking us, its you bike dammit!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Change it for sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So, after having spent over $1000 at the repair shop and pretty much rebuilding the top end, and getting new carbys, I've decided that I want to give her a fresh lick of paint....

I'm thinking red, since it will match the red bits on my black, red and white Alpine Stars leather jacket....

I don't want black for 2 reasons.
    - Shows water mark really badly
    - Very hard colour to see in the shade/at night

So, i'm thinking a bright red, almost like ferrari red, or maybe one with a hint of burgundy to it....

I've got a mate who has a couple of spray guns, and has sprayed his cars before, which have turned out very well. I'm a pretty cluey bloke, and even though i've never sprayed before, i know the basic process (one of my good mates is a painter, different mate though)

So yeah, just wondering if anyone has any tips or thoughts to contribute?

Here is a couple of pics of the bike as it stands now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, i'll need to repair the crack in the right fairing, which has already been 1/2 repaired... The underside has been fixed, but the topside now shows a sort of "deep scratch" in it. Any ideas on how to go about fixing that??? (you can see the scratch next to the indicator in the first pic)

Cheers guys - Luke

2. people often poo poo the idea of painting a bike as it lowers resale, but with a 1994 bike not sure it would make a difference.

Blood red with metallic flake is an awesome colour on bikes, have you thought about graphics?

3. I had a look at getting a zzr-250 sticker kit for it... which just has the basic stickers...

I know it won't affect the resale value much, but figure i might just keep her for a while since i've spend so much money already....

That being said, i'm finding it hard to resist the temptation to go and get a big bore bike already... and i still have 11 months of restrictions to go... :)

4. Lime Green dude!