Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tips + thoughts on colour change (and deep scratch repair)

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Noticibly F.A.T, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Keep the current colour

2. Why the hell are you asking us, its you bike dammit!

0 vote(s)
  3. Change it for sure

0 vote(s)
  1. So, after having spent over $1000 at the repair shop and pretty much rebuilding the top end, and getting new carbys, I've decided that I want to give her a fresh lick of paint....

I'm thinking red, since it will match the red bits on my black, red and white Alpine Stars leather jacket....

I don't want black for 2 reasons.
    - Shows water mark really badly
    - Very hard colour to see in the shade/at night

So, i'm thinking a bright red, almost like ferrari red, or maybe one with a hint of burgundy to it....

I've got a mate who has a couple of spray guns, and has sprayed his cars before, which have turned out very well. I'm a pretty cluey bloke, and even though i've never sprayed before, i know the basic process (one of my good mates is a painter, different mate though)

So yeah, just wondering if anyone has any tips or thoughts to contribute?

Here is a couple of pics of the bike as it stands now.

Also, i'll need to repair the crack in the right fairing, which has already been 1/2 repaired... The underside has been fixed, but the topside now shows a sort of "deep scratch" in it. Any ideas on how to go about fixing that??? (you can see the scratch next to the indicator in the first pic)

Cheers guys - Luke

2. people often poo poo the idea of painting a bike as it lowers resale, but with a 1994 bike not sure it would make a difference.

Blood red with metallic flake is an awesome colour on bikes, have you thought about graphics?
  3. I had a look at getting a zzr-250 sticker kit for it... which just has the basic stickers...

I know it won't affect the resale value much, but figure i might just keep her for a while since i've spend so much money already....

That being said, i'm finding it hard to resist the temptation to go and get a big bore bike already... and i still have 11 months of restrictions to go... :)
  4. Lime Green dude!