Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tips on buying interstate

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Jaykay4tay, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Hi,

I'm looking to potentially purchasing a bike interstate and having it delivered, and I was wondering if anyone had any insights into the kind of measures I can talk to minimise any doubt I may have of the bike itself. Not being able to inspect it or test ride it in person poses some challenges.

Obviously receiving detailed, close up high resolution pictures of the bike helps, as well as the possible reputation of the seller/dealer involved. A telephone call can always clear any uncertainties too.

But apart from that, I can't really think of any other measures to take when purchasing a bike interstate (apart from asking someone to inspect it on my behalf).

Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

2. I bought a track bike interstate and put a thread up here offering $100 for a fellow netrider to go and inspect it beforehand . Money well spent in my opinion. Everything worked out great and the guy took it for a ride and told me his opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I bought a track bike interstate and put a thread up here offering $100 for a fellow netrider to go and inspect it beforehand . Money well spent in my opinion. Everything worked out great and the guy took it for a ride and told me his opinion.

4. Right on, thanks.

5. Yeah that's about as far as I went. I just took the plunge, hoped for the best and got lucky - really the only problems that have come up have been the kinds of things that you'll get with old-ish bikes with low mileage. I doubt that any of them would've come up in an inspection or test ride.

It never came to it but had a major problem came up, I would've freighted the bike back to the dealer and invoked the statutory warranty.

That's pretty solid advice.