Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tips on buying gloves online?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by dkNigs, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Spent the last couple of days ducking into all the bike shops in Canberra, and my final verdict is that the gloves they offer are bloody terrible! Either cheap nasty crap with plastic fake carbon fibre stuck to them, or cheap multi coloured rubbish.

The worst part though, every single brand seems to be a totally different size, I varied from an XS in one brand, to XXL in another.

Keen to buy some better quality gear online, but at this stage have zero confidence in sizing. Any tips for buying some leather gloves with armour? Wouldn't mind something like the Icon 1000 gear with D30 armour.
  2. I've bought a few pairs online. Same as you, I find what's on offer in shops a bit ordinary.

Measure your hand according to the manufactures chart that your looking at, then google the shit out of it for reviews and opinions on sizing, fit etc.

I can say that the Held chart is very accurate, my experience with Knox gloves is that they're a bit on the tight side going off the chart, so if you like your glove a little more relaxed fit go up one size. Dainese chart is pretty accurate too.
  3. sizing is one thing.... quality another.
    I got some nice RST gloves 2 months back...great but now split right down the side of a finger with general use :(
  4. I have the rather strangely named 'Short Race' glove from Held.
    Very nicely made with kangaroo skin palms.
    Size (at least for medium) is spot on.
  5. any recommendations for online stores? I only really know of Urbanrider and Revzilla.
  6. I got mine from fc-moto.
    I have also bought from topgear superstore in the UK. If you log on to TGSS during their office hours you can ask questions in real time via a chatbox at the bottom of the screen.
  7. Held have an aussie store, so cheap postage and returns etc.

But, have bought through FC-Moto, a little dear on postage costs though. Okay if you're buying more than one item.