Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tips on avoiding scam responses to a bike ad?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by becb, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My hubby has been trying to sell his Monster 400 on the online sites and gets scammers constantly, you know offering more than it's worth, to someone who is in another country, only pay by paypal etc etc. It was a bit of fun at first, but this is crazy, almost daily getting new scammers. ](*,)

Any experience on good places to sell it, apart from on here, I think it's already up. Or things to put in the ad to maybe (?) avoid them...???

Any help appreciated, or PM if you're interested in it! :p
  2. How about "Seller not stupid. Scam merchants don't waste your time"

Doubt it will help much though :/
  3. Do what I do and run all your bikes until they're worthless heaps of scrap then store them at the back of the shed and never sell them :twisted:.
  4. Just ignore them. Its 10 seconds of your life but its not worth worrying about.
  5. ive just been ignoring them. Ive had plenty last week when I first put the bike up for sale.

Ive had a call today though from a gentlemen that is apparently from a bike mag with discounts for advertising the bike............i dont know if this is legit or not.
  6. Tell him to email you, then you can see his address and website. Use your email that you use for dodgy net signups.

Or get a number and call him back.
  7. I've been going through the same thing with selling my bike.

I've taken great pleasure out of leading them on for a long while. As far as im concerned wasting their time is the only way to slow them down from people who somehow don't question the I'm a marine biologist never come back to land but for some reason need a motorbike :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.