Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tips from a Pro

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Davo, Dec 30, 2005.

1. I joined netrider some time back as I do with forums that look good. I hung about for a short while (should have looked more) but just returned and I think this is one of the best motorcycle forums in Australia right now.

There is a good mix of experience and new riders that keep it jumping.

Now to the point, no I am not saying I am a "pro" I do have experience but nothing like some here.

But what I would like the new riders to take a read of is this article and a file I have written by the same man. This is no ordinary motorcycle rider, this guy does miles, HUGE miles and is very much admired in the long distance riding community.

If you are planning an extended ride I think you should read and reread his article on Fatigue.

No Grass Growing Under These Wheels

By Ken Testorff, Naval Safety Center

At his post as the 35th Surgeon General of the Navy and Chief of the Navy’s Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, Vice Admiral Don Arthur is all business. (read the story) http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/media/seashore/issues/fall05/no_grass.htm

Read about Fatigue and the motorcycle rider by Don Arthur.
  2. Repetition for emphasis :LOL:

From the IBA list of certified riders.
    Don Arthur
    Great Lakes GOLD 08/2002
    100ccc Insanity 03/2002
    SaddleSore 5000 03/23/02
    Bun Burner 3000 02/16/02
    Bun Burner GOLD 06/03/01
    50cc Quest 06/03/01
    SaddleSore 1000 01/01/01