Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tips for on street parking

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by mikevallender, Sep 28, 2006.

1. about to move to a new place, which is perfect except for one thing. The only parking is out the front. Is there a really easy to use, easy to store covering system that people can recommend. I am mostly thinking about rain, but I guess also sun.

2. You're right on that score, sun does more damage to the bike than rain! Especially now with depleted ozone layer...
    As for the covers, I'm still pleased with RJay ones I've got. They remain waterproof and generally do what you'd expect them to. RJays make two varieties; the cheaper ones are just a sheet of plastic, the more expensive ones that I've got have a soft lining inside. They are a bit heavier which I actually see as a bonus - less likely to flap around in the wind.
    When you buy a cover, make sure it has loops of some kind to thread a cable through, it is essential to lock the cover to the bike, otherwise the cover is sure to walk one day!
  3. I will be more worry about the bike to walk one day .. :LOL:

Make sure you have some heavy duty chain around...
  4. yep, take that advice, ive chased 1 bloke taking my neighbours cover. Their not cheap and easy to remove, Like leaving a 50 dollar note sitting on the fence. Be sure to get 1 you can secure