Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tips and Tricks for Clutch Adjustment

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by egiste, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Well I was doing some "routine" maintenance last night and figure there must be an easier way to adjust my clutch.

Pretty much I have been adjusting it until it feels right with the bike on the centre stand, then riding the bike up and down the street making slight changes.

Can anyone give me some tips for easier and more convenient adjustment techniques.

How do mechanics do it ??
    How do I know when it is right ??

2. Need more info : cable or Hyd clutch ?

If its Hyd, it should not need that much adjustment except for major service's.

Cable : adjust the cable till you have approx 5mm of free travel in the clutch lever.

3. Yep, cable clutch on the ZZR.

4. doesn't ZZR has the turning knob on the lever which you can turn to adjust? Or you talking about something else? :LOL:

5. yep, that would be what I am turning. ;)

6. zzr clutches are just crap... it's hard to get them really tight.. yes you have that adjusting knob but they slip, un screw the 2 things on the clutch, and adjust them til the clutch is right out and firm. then use the 1-5 knob from there until it is right. if neutral is a biatch to get into, your clutch needs adjusting, if it's pretty alright, then your clutch most likely is too