Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

tip for long trips... cash...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by russ, Mar 8, 2005.

1. so heres a tip I've learned the hard way.

if you are going on a long(ish) trip say from Melbourne to Adelaide. carry lotsa cash on you.
    better yet, keep $100 on your bike at all times (well hidden of course) .

why do this? well, imagine being on the border of SA and Vic only to discover that your bank card was not returned to you at the previous servo. and you've only got $15 on you.
    so you fill up and return to the servo to get your card, (around 250km back) then when you arrive you find the servo is closed (it's 2pm).

of course you were worried about this very thing happening so you were speeding back and have just been booked ... $205 later.

so now it dawns on you that you're pretty much screwed because being saturday, the servo is unlikely to open the next day, sunday.

you've used all your fuel getting back to the servo and you don't have any cash left oh and the banks won't open on sundays either.

you're 400Kms from Melbourne

it's cold now, and you really want your mummy.
  2. dumm dumm dummmm dummmmm...

I will save you....... Call 1800 collect... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  3. Can you buy a copper for $100? I say spend the $15 on two flagons of cheap port (ah, Paddle Wheel - nectar of the gods), and worry about it all on Monday morning.
  4. chairmans got the idea there :LOL: two bottles of port should see you through to monday and if you sleep on the footpath, theres a good chance you'll be thrown enuff money for another bottle just to be sure :D

you got that thinkun cap on today eh chairman :wink:
  5. ....and I thought I didn't think things through...... :shock: :? :LOL:

:D :D :D
  6. You could barter.....your body :wink:
  7. http://www.hondamotorcycles.com.au/rider+assist/

Just keep ringing to get your load a fuel until you get to your destination....come the think of it I shouldn't have to pay for fuel in Melbourne, just ring them when ever the bike runs out after all it says the emergency fuel service is free and doesn't say anything about how often you can use it. :LOL:
  8. i like your style kid 8)
  9. mmmm...bugger. :shock:
    Hope that wasn't one of your good days.
  10. If you get receipts for your fuel it's less likely that you'll leave your card behind but if you do phone the number on the receipt & find out when they close & if they can hide your card somewhere!
  11. most people also carry credit cards and if not service stations/country police do give out fuel on an ID to be payed later with lots of fees basis
  12. most people are not as stupid as me :LOL:
    and that country copper laughed at me and drove off after booking me for speeding.

also, interestingly, all the servos in the area had big signs "do not ask for credit"