Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tim's new CBR

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by tim, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Purchased a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR recently. Bike originally belonged to matt232, he crashed it in 2007, it was repaired late 2007 and has sat around since. I started thinking about purchasing this when I wrote of my gixxer the day before xmas last year. It took me 9 months to get organised but last Thursday I finally got it registered. Only changes I've made to it are a set of shorty pazzo levers. Not planning much more, will be keeping it mostly standard.

It is the first Honda I've owned not counting the postie bike. I've always had suzuki 600 and 1000's. It is definitely down on power compared to my 01 Suzuki but does handle a heap better. Top end would be similar but the Suzuki's midrange is the best out there... The Honda is definitely smoother to ride than the Suzuki's..

Apologies for the pics, taken with a phone camera.

Attached Files:

2. Nice, It's come up clean after its repair. I am sure you will have a lot of fun on it.
  3. Love that scheme. Looks great if you match the rims white like the fairings ;)
  4. Nice bike. Enjoy it.