Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Times of old

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by GlennXJR, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Lost one of my best mates yesterday in an MVA at Muttama (Riverina/NSW).
    He and his wife were both killed, although there was a 4x4 ute also involved, no details so far,,,,,,,
    They left a family behind, three kids in their early 20's and late teens.
    Only comfort out of this, is they went together doing what they both absolutely loved,,,, riding Peter's Suzuki Boulavard.
    Both did all the charity rides around the Riverina, Black Dog Ride was only one from a huge list!

When we were in our teens we were always side by side, some said we were inseperable.
    Both owned and rode big jap bikes of the time, I rode a 79 Honda F-1 Super Sports.
    Peter rode an old Honda FOUR (K3) then progressed to his (then) new Suzuki GSX750es. Being young blokes we didnt have a lot of spare cash so would take it turns to "double" each other into town of a week night. We grew up in a small country town where you couldnt do anything, and I do mean anything without the whole town knowing!!!!!
    We started out on push bikes, progressed to motor bikes and later to cars.
    We played together, we fought together, we cried together, thanks for the memories Pete, youll be sadly missed.

2. Very sad, sorry for your loss.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry to hear mate.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. How horrible. My condolences.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Condolences to the families....... RIP

Read about this in the local rag (Daily Advertiser), very sad news, which hits the local motorcycling community. No names, ages or where they were from, have been released.
    I know the road well, and l too ride most charity rides in the local area, so may have come across them at some point.
    Where were they from?

Anyhow, Glen, take it easy and pass on our condolences from this forum and the Riverina motorcycling community.

Take care,
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sorry to hear of the loss, to you, their family and the community. When you lose a friend of long standing you lose a little piece of yourself. A riding friend is somehow even more important. Some solace is to remember the fun times, the times you screwed up together and laughed about it afterwards, the camaraderie and the confidences shared. These are the jewels that punctuate your life.

Doing what you love is important and for it to be your final act is a gift My deepest commiserations on your loss. Remember the good times and smile. (y)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sad news indeed, my condolences to the family.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. My sincerest condolences to the families and other loved ones that they left behind.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bugger, my condolences to all their loved ones.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks guys, I have reflected on our adventures together most of the weekend. They made me laugh,,,,, a lot. Like most country blokes growing up out of town we got upto some scary stuff when you look back at it, fcuk we did some crazy shit!
    They both hailed from small country towns around Cootamundra moving into Coota when they started their family. After talking to friends over the weekend, the town is still in shock. They have left three adult children behind, three beautiful people just starting their lives. My sadness is for their loss, they have lost both parents in one split second. At the ripe old age of 51, both were still in the prime of their lives.
    Life moves forward and we can only but hope that when our time is up, that we go out doing something we love to do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  11. Sorry to hear my condolences to the families and friends
  12. So very sad and sorry to hear.
  13. Sorry to hear mate, RIP...
  14. Riding down for thier funeral tomorrow, hope this rain lifts!
    Otherwise its going to be a soggy ride,,,,,,,,,,, takes me 6 hours with fuel stops!
    Thanks for all your support and messages of strength, greatly appreciated.
    Funeral is at Cootamundra Catholic church 2.30pm Tuesday.

Cheers Glenn
  15. Wishing for a safe trip for you Glenn.
    • Like Like x 1