Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Time to take to repair a Bike

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by FATBOY, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Having just experienced the joy of going through the process 5-6 weeks is this normal and if so why does it only take the car guys 2 weeks ?

2. :rofl: My crystal ball's broken. I really laugh at the bullsh!t questions some people post. Thanks for all the detail mate.
  3. It is normal. Supply/ demand! Much smaller market and distribution channels.
  4. 5 to 6 weeks? you got lucky! it took 5 to 6 months when i crashed my bike... was a complete and utter pain in the ass
  5. maybe your insurance company isnt putting enough pressure on the repairer....AAMI drill us constantly to keep on track....QBE,swan dont even call to give us the go ahead or check status....judging by your username you have a harley????If you have and the paint has gone to a place in sunshine....that will be the problem....he takes ages....however i must admit they those tanks/fenders take a while to do...another prob may be backorder...eg if we have fork tubes on backorder no need pulling it apart until you get the parts you require...our prob is we may give a 3 week deadline and the parts come in the day before its due to be completed and your running around like a blue arse fly trying to get it done in time