Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Time to play the cops at their own game?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by vic, Dec 15, 2009.

1. How about as of next year we form a few teams and we travel around looking for cops behaving badly.

We then film them and give them a dose of their own medicine.

Pass the footage onto the media and plaster it on youtube.

Lets give them a hard time for a change and see how they like it.

What say you?
  2. Yeah! W00t!
  3. Sounds interesting...
  4. i'll play bait...
  5. You mean like them tailgating for an extended period down eastlink, then taking off at over the greed limit while others are getting pinged… (That was my Sunday Drive home)
  6. In America this is called CopWatch. You may want to check the legal stance on filming the police, because they will harass you if theyre being monitored.
  7. I read something recently where a cop pulled over a Work Cover inspector for speeding. The work COver guy tried to get out of it, but the cop fined him. As the cop was walking back to his car, the Work Cover guy got out, took a photo of the cop, then the cop was issued with a fine that was 2 or 3 times as big as the speeding fine that he had just issued. The reason? The cop was not wearing his high visibility vest and they are supposed to wear that. Not sure how true it was, but I liked it a lot! :)
  8. Sort of like an Australian version of the Tuf Tuf Club?

9. as soon as they get a whiff of it they will find anything they think is defective and make you run off to get a RWC.

My mate lost his license (HI JACK!!) after a unmarked 4x4 with dark tint started to change lanes in front of him repeatedly, he got fed up with them blocking him so he shot around them only to have them roar up lights flashing.

They showed him they had footage of him doing some huge speed (on a 250 in only a hundred meters or so) and he lost it for 6 months! and fined.

Hes guilty of similar things before but having the cops goad you into it! And there is no way they are going to say they did anything wrong. (pricks)
  10. pretty sure thats illegal vic, but i like it
  11. Cover your arse.
  12. Under what law though? I know in the UK the police state there has made it an offence to film the police in the course of their duties if they feel that the filming will endanger their lives, but otherwise there is no offence being committed. Some elements of the state would dearly love this to be the case, allowing them to go about the nefarious activities without being observed.

I am going to get my tin-foil now.
  13. Brilliant idea.

Just be aware that the "authorities" do not like being shown up as dickheads and so, regardless of the legalities, be aware that there may be negative consequences if you're detected.

With that proviso, go for it.
  14. more helmetcams?
  15. Urban myth which does the rounds of e-mails every 12-18 months or so.
  16. One of the things that happens quite often around where i live is cops will tailgate you a lot in unmarked cars, and generally act like total dicks behind you, trying to make you go faster so they can book you. Really does happen a lot here. These days if someone tailgates me here i pull over and let them past, takes 10sec and its done.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Just about time.. I will get the heltmet cam.8-[
  18. But if you tailgat them ( cops) they will fine you.
  19. What sort of behaviour are you thinking of? Bad driving? Or harassment of the group?

A dangerous game; but if it's important enough then citizens sometimes need to play with danger to maintain a liberal society. But I can't honestly see what you'd catch on camera (well, you could go to the Carlton police station, and video the cop on a sports bike who runs red lights at the end of his shift; but if he's otherwise a good cop I'd rather not, and my experience of those guys has been positive).
  20. What like this?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1