Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Time for a new disc lock?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Deadsy, Dec 29, 2006.

1. I was just reading through the following thread on another forum:

I have that exact disc lock and now I am wondering if I should buy a different one.
    Two reasons:
    1. I don't like the fact he so easily cut through it and got it off.
    2. I don't want it to fail on me too, leading me to have to cut it off etc.

What do you guys think? Anyone else use this same disc lock and want to add anything?

2. As I posted, they're $20 so I wouldn't expect much from them :)
  3. oooo I don't seem to be able to get in with that link. Which brand of disk lock is it? I use a number of brands.
  4. G'day everyone,.....

I just the other day bought a Xena disc lock.
    Hope thay are good ones,...

Dr Who?
  5. Bought a Xena disc lock with the add-on alarm. Been faultless for me. Have taken the alarm component out of it a few times as it can be very sensitive to movement. Times when I don't want the alarm component to be active, but merely the disc lock feature.
  6. I've read good review about Xena disc lock with the add-on alarm.

Where did you get your Xena disc lock? How much did you pay for it? (if you don't mind me asking) :(

7. I've used an Abloy Padlock since I've been riding, much smaller than a disc lock and harder to get open or cut off, but don't lose the key cause they are a bastard for locksmiths to open.
  8. Magnum

9. Hi Leon,

I live in Sydney and bought the Xena lock with pouch and a reminder cable at Motor Cycle Accessories Supermarket (MCAS) on Wentworth Avenue in Sydney City for about $40.

10. Thanks man, I might go and check it out this week!
  11. Bugger :(