Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Tim500, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Hello all,I am a new member who has not ridden much since I was young (long time ago)and I would be grateful for any advice about getting good service for my new Honda CB500X.The first service is nearly due and Honda reckons it needs a valve clearance check at its 1000 ks service so Im looking for someone who will do it properly.Any help would much appreciated. I live in Werribee but Im willing to travel for good service.Thankyou

2. Hello Tim, welcome.
  3. Welcome to NR , Tim !
  4. Welcome Tim. I'm a long way from there but I'm sure a local or a near local will be along soon with an answer for you.
  5. #5 Gooza, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    I had read that the 1000km valve clearance check was no longer required? Have you checked this with a couple of dealers? Think it was Harrison Motorcycles/Melton Suzuki who told me this, although it was via phone. These guys also sell Honda. Hmm, on second thoughts, maybe that was for my CBR250R?
  6. My most recent service was done with Everything Two Wheels in Fitzroy, seemed fine and even reset the clock on my bike for me. Has a good reputation around here too.
  7. Everything two wheels*.

*Harley Davidsons not included.
  8. Welcome to NR. ;)
  9. Well yeah but Tim has a Honda so all good.

Dude did have a Ducati in the shop, though I think he was doing a favour for a friend.
  10. Thankyou for the welcome,and yes the full face helmet helps cover the age factor well
  11. Thank you for that,I just got off the phone with them and they were extremely helpful