Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tightening Throttle and engine start unit etc

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by johnny250, May 6, 2008.

1. hey guys how u goin,
    im a newbie and i hav dropped my hyosung recently
    after i picked it bak up the throttle and engine start unit and all that is loose and swivels up and down, how can i tighten this ?

cheers guys
  2. Well, normally there's two screws that go into it from underneath and you tighten it up that way.

I've got a feeling however that in your case the crash has damaged the switchblock (which is what that thing's called). If you can't fix it by tightening the screws on the bottom of the switchblock, you're either going to need to buy a new part or two, or get creative for the fix.
  3. Send it all to Loz. He loves the Hyo.
  4. Perfect spanner night bike, ride it for a week and fix whatever goes wrong the next spanner night :D
  5. Switch block.....

I've never worked on a Hyosung, but on some bikes there is a small locating lug on the inside of the switch block that locates into a small hole on the handlebars. If that lug is broken or damaged, then you can tighten the screws as much as you like, and it won't make any difference. If this is the case, then you will have to replace the switch block.... Undo the screws and have a look....

depending on how loose it is, it could be dangerous to ride.... so be careful !!

When/where is this spanner night ?
  6. hyodung lols
  7. I can't say this is safe or the right way to do it, but I had a spada with a similar problem. a thin strip of rubber around the bar and then the block over the top and tighten. Like I said, its not the ideal solution but it should get you around until you properly diagnose the problem/fix it etc..

Good luck..