Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tight kevlar pants

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Waynee, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of getting my first bike, yesterday I bought all my gear but was not sure which size pants I should get.

The problem is the size 28 (which I bought) is a tight fit around the waist however the size 30 is really loose on me. I was pretty surprised and even checked the size tags on both pants to see if they were correct (which they were). No way can I wear the size 30 without a belt, I was jumping up and down and it would just fall off...

Is this normal? I have 6 days to refund it or change it for a bigger size, but I am really not sure what I should do.

The pants are called M2R Kingpin Jeans, bought em at bikerbiz, if that's of any relevance.

Any advice would be appreciated!

2. If you're unhappy with the sizing, and you have a few days to return/refund them, then take advantage of it. Try on another size 28 or 30. It could be a mistake on the manufacturers side, I've bought a pair of draggins that were incorectly "tagged". Just went and exchanged them.

If you can live with the size 30 and you don't want them to fall, stop jumping around and just put on a bit of weight. problem solved. Of course you'll have to hunt around for new clothes as what you currently have in your wardrobe won't fit anymore.

*Oops, my mistake, just re-read you bought the 28's, I'd have to say keep jumping around so you lose a couple of inches.

3. buy size 30 wash them in hot water - instant size 29

4. I had a problem with my draggin jeans, if they fit around the waist, they wouldn't fit around my arse and legs. If they were right for y arse and legs then they were both too long and too big around the waist.

I spent 2 years eating to much junk food, and now they fit around the waist pretty good but I definitely had to take them up (about 10cm!)

I reckon you just need to find a manufacturer (not a lot to choose from I know) or just get the right "cut" that fits you properly. Or just wear a belt.

5. I just compared my current size 28 jeans to the kevlar pants and its off by 3 cm so you might be right! I go back this coming Saturday if not earlier. Should I wear the pants to try loosen it up a bit or just leave it as it is and take it back?

Would this really work? I know its mostly cotton but what about the kevlar? o_o

6. I'm a 32 and I tried every pair of 32s Draggins Peter Stevens had in the store, they were all quite different sizing but I eventually found a pair that fit me perfectly.

If they don't fit, take 'em back.

7. This is freaking odd, different sizing but same size tag... wtf.
    Definitely taking it back. Thanks everyone!

8. yes it does work

want more shrinkage - put em in a dryer afterward

9. Yeah, I wouldn't put the kevlar in a hot wash aye. The dye will run, everything that is not yellow in the same wash will be. And it apparently isn't realy good for the kevlar, ditto why they say dry in the shade. I know this, cause I tried it, I fortunatly only had a couple of pairs of white socks with them in the wash. They are still yellow 2 years later.

I would take them back. If you wash them, stuff them, and they still don't fit, then there isn't much you can do.

10. Mine stretch out after a day like any other jeans I have.