Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tight fitting Alpinestar boots..aaarrrrggh

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by JontyG, Dec 8, 2006.

1. I just bought a pair of Alpinestar GPS-3 Waterproof boots.

I manage to shove the foot in ok, but zipping them up is a real struggle. Once they're on, they are very comfy, and don't think I could take a bigger size.

Does anyone else find their boots a b!tch to zip up? Is this common with new MC boots? Will they loosen up a bit? I hope so :?

cheers,
    Jonty

2. my Alpinestar FX waterproof boot are like that
    a struggle to get on but once on...a beautiful fit
    (NO problems being on my feet all day at MotoGP)

I found this issue to occur on most boots
    'cept those that creak when you walk in them
    ...which mine don't :grin:

3. Thats how they should be. They wont pull off should the unfortunate occur.

4. Yes, mine (in fact exactly the same model boots) are like this. They've loosened up a touch, and although ok once on, you still walk in that racer kind of way (like you've got to get somewhere quick but just not able to do so?), they're still tight compared to say normal riding boots. And I've learned get them off quick as well (you can sort of unzip/un-velcro them, start each one off by getting the other toe to pry the back off, and then just taking them off with your hands - just using your hands has you grunting a lot and expending more energy than is necessary).

As for zipping them up, pretty quick too if you can hold them together as much as possible while zipping them.