Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tiger 800 & XC Owners...Ur Opinion...

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Shori, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Hi guys,

I'm interested in buying a Tiger 800 XC and and this is the first time I'm looking at an adventure style bike. I'm going to test ride the below linked bike on the wknd and was not sure if I need to change the tyres for road use - http://www.bikesales.com.au/dealer/... 4294956586&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=7&silo=1400

I don't intend on doing any off-roading. Can't seem to find a non XC model in the price range, therefore going for the XC.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Anyone......
  3. I'm not a Tiger owner, but some thoughts from what I know in general..

The tyres can be used on road. They will have less grip than straight road tyres though. They may also cause a rumbling effect, and may not corner quite the same way as you expect from road tyres. Personally, I wouldn't bother chaning them until they wore out, but that's just my opinion.
  4. I _think_ the XC is tubed but the 'roadie' Tiger is tubeless.
  5. I've ridden my dads tiger xc a bunch of times. Great engine, similar to the striple. Good torque, less top end. The XC is meant to be more off-road, but it handles the black stuff brilliantly. Its a bit top heavy at standstill, but once you get moving its easy to tip in with the big wide handlebars. Good for a pillion too
  6. I hope your tall or at least have long legs, I was at robertson watching a woman have a bit of trouble manoeuvring the bike around, she had to hop off and push it.
  7. My 5'4" wife test rode the XC a while back. She loved it but did admit that parking on a slope could be an interesting exercise - but that was on the tall seat setting....
  8. Thanks guys,

This is really helpful. I might leave the tyres as it is if I pruchase the bike. I'm 6ft and my partner is 5ft10'', so I think we should be alright on the XC.

What do you guys think of the cost the dealer is selling it for? I think they also hold their value, seems to be a popular bike.

Thanks again,