Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tick for Western QBE

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by duncanp, Aug 15, 2006.

1. When I insured with Western QBE at the beginning of this year, I told them I wouldn't be riding over 8k in a year and as result got a 5% discount.

Six months later and I'm up to 6k and looking to do a 4k Sydney Mackay return trip soon.

So I just called Western QBE to let them know that I would be over the 8k mark and would they like to bump up my premium by the 5% it was discounted. They said no they wouldn't, they would simply remove the 8k limit at no further cost saving me $11.

2. Fantastic!

Now you can buy an extra sandwhich and milkshake. :)

3. BTW, join a riding club (i.e. HRCA). That'll give you another 5% discount. And named rider will give you another 5% off.

And named rider is fairly easy. All you do before a mate takes it off for a blat is call them up, tell them your mates name and DOB, and bang they are covered.

And since there are only a handful of people I would let take my bike for a spin, it's easy enough to do.

4. With QBE, just make sure you read the fine print ....especially the bit about leaving the bike unattended/ out of sight.

a stupid clause but with a nasty sting!!!!!

5. The clause is leaving the bike unlocked in public. i.e. no steering lock on.

If you do that, you're not covered for theft.