Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thursday Thought

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by hornet, Oct 27, 2005.

1. The Cost of Marriage

A little boy asked his father, "Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?"

The father replied, "I don't know son, I haven't finished paying yet."

{With due respect to my wonderful wife, who has given more than she has gained} :D
  2. how the HELL did it get to be thursday???? I thought it was still wednesday. Where did tuesday go??????
  3. You've been studying so hard (!) you didn't notice the passage of time :LOL:
  4. if you want a tuesday you can have my one next week....

i don't like tuesday at all :sad:
  5. Paul I like this one 8), but due to circumstances beyond my control I am unable to comment. :LOL: :LOL:
  6. OK, as long as I get to have another public holiday to go with it.
  7. ummm... no just the day, no bonuses
  8. So stewy, the day that stops the nation doesn't stop you? You are not alone, it's only a holiday in Vic anyway, elsewhere us workers will be hard at it.....
  9. oh no... i not working and i enjoy the public holiday, but just hate tuesday full stop. The only race that stops me is bathurst....
  10. Not from what I've seen. I was in Sydney a couple of years back during the cup. My friend and his g/f pulled a sickie and we watched the race at a nice pub in Watson's bay. It was packed with many not so hard workers :LOL:

I won the $5 sweepstakes too! And was back in time to go to (BL)Oaks Day :D
  11. Yeah, of course everybody stops here; you can't get any sense out of anybody after about 10:30AM!!! It's just not an OFFICIAL holiday!
  12. Yup, over here we will be hard at it too....in the boardroom with a bloody great projector, reclining in Lay-Ze-Boy chairs with dusky maidens serving us endless free beer and munchies and.........oh bugger I woke up.
  13. Hah, reminds me of the line from the old "I'm sorry, I'll read that again.." radio show

Spruiker in Indian market "You want to by some sexy nubile slave girls??"

Tim Brooke Taylor "No, we're looking for a native bearer"

Spruiker "You won't find 'em any barer than this lot.."
  14. More to the point, it's only a holiday in Melbourne metro area. Jeff Kennet decided that country victorians shouldn't have the chance to go and watch the race so he took away the holiday. He of course lives in Melbourne so he got to have a lovely day off. :)
  15. I checked my calendar, and it's not April 1st, but some radio stations have touting the fact that an approach has been made to the Federal Govt. to make Cup Day a national holiday.
    One wonders if this is so they can legally lay claim to the motto "The Race That Stops A Nation" worldwide.
  16. Bah! Dungbags

Be better if everyone who laid a bet on the melbourne cup also put "dollar for dollar" into a charity.

That's where I put my "wager" much better with the Salvos than lining the pockets of an already rich TAB.