Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thundercat chain.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by warden, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Right, I decided to change the chain and sprockets on my thundercat, no issues, have done it before, all good.....yes...but.

I dropped one tooth down on the front sprocket, but cut the chain with the same number of links as the original, be the original was rather stretched.

Should I have taken 1 extra link off, as 1 front = 3 rear, or shouldnt I be worrying about that.

The reason im asking, is after changing all this, It was doing a rather weird swishing sound as I was riding. Pulled things apart, and made sure it was all aligned, ran out of light, and will test ride it tomorrow.....
    Any ideas as to why I get a swishing sound?

2. No idea about the swishing sound...

I have never taken any extra links of the chain... (except once by accident on a RGV250)

I think as long as you keep the chain at right tightness it should be ok...
  3. Changed the front-sprocket for an aftermarket one?
    One without the rubber-silencers? (silencing-ramps)
    just guessing...
  4. I so forgot about that... yeah that could create a bit more noise... and I do thinke they are called cushion rubbers??
  5. So thats what they are.....
    Well damn....
    Probably why then.