Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thumbs up for Car Driver

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Al_Cam, May 13, 2013.

1. Thought I'd share a good experience. Nice Bloke in Green Holden Ute let me in to the traffic after waiting for some time on Main road Warrandyte on Saturday. He than sat behind me all the way to Fitzsimmons Lane Templestowe. May have been a rider 'cause he stayed waaay back. Also could've been the L plates, bicycle grade tyres and the "might fall over at any time" riding style.

Also got my first Nod. :) On Warrandyte - Research Rd, does that make me a "rider' yet?

• Like Like x 2
  2. depends... was it a scooter?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. No, large Sports bike.

Perhaps he didn't have time to realise I was on a 150cc sports bike wannabe.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Good to hear contrary to popular beliefs I read on the bike forums most car drivers are normal type people who aren't hell bent on running bikes off the road. Yes there are the ones that don't see you and the the tools in their $800 dunnydoors that will crowd you off the road because they object to the fact that you have made better life choices than them. And the wankers in BMW who will drive in a threatening manner because they are emancipated because they don't have the balls to get on a bike and know their wife fantasises about bikers. Although these same things happen to me when I drive my Patrol so I think it matters not what you ride/drive there are numb bastards on the road that you need to avoid.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. You always remember your first :p
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I love nodding. I remember my first nod like it was yesterday :).. Sends a great feeling through your body to know you've been acknowledged by another rider by a simple nod.... Nods are awesome!
  7. I nodded a guy yesterday and he nodded back and had the biggest grin I've ever seen.

I think I may have popped his nodding cherry!

Unfortunately it wasn't as good for me as it was for him :p
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Was it a straight up and down nod or more of a turn of the head?
  9. OK now I feel sort of dirty. :bag: Good thing I was wearing my protective gear.

Must read the group ride invites more carefully so I don't get mixed up with some sort of Nodding cult.

You talking to me? You talking to me? I got a definite tilt of the head to the right. Oh, may be it wasn't a nod but he was telling me "You're too close to the centre line Fool".
  10. Well played Sir
  11. 1 2 Smee is coming for you
    3 4 don't nod no more
    5 6 better start your Gix
    7 8 keep your neck real straight
    9 10 never nod again
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2

12. Hmmm, I'm on my second BMW in a row now. I'm also on my second wife, but that's another story...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Yeh but where you are Beamers are as common as bums over here the difference between a BMW and a porcupine is that porcupines have their pricks on the outside. :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. This is a NEAR MISS forum,now go out and ride like a twat until you have a near miss,and then come back and vent about it.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Fixed that for you.