Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Through the Marques

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Bravus, Aug 25, 2016.

1. This might be a little similar to the 'what bikes have you owned' thread, but it's a 'what marques (brands) have you owned'.

I started on a BSA Bandit that Dad owned, and the first bike I owned was a Bombardier. Those are probably the two exotics in my life.

After that I think it was 3 Yammies, a Honda (like 'em in general, that one was a POS), then a hiatus, another Honda and two Suzukis. The missus just went from a Honda to a Kawasaki, and I reckon my next bike might be green too...

2. Actually, I think the first motorised 2 wheeled contrivance I ever rode was a Honda minibike at a summer camp.
  3. Rode or owned?

Rode - I'll be honest I have no idea what it was. It was probably a Honda.

Owned - ok, this is going to sound sad and possibly even a little weird, but in 20 years of bike ownership I've only ever owned 4 bikes and they have all been Suzuki's. Which could explain why I'm an angry person, or being an angry person could be why I've only owned Suzuki's.

The truth of the matter is that I've always done motorcycling on the cheap. My first bike was the best bike I could afford, a GN250. My second bike cost me $100 cash, GR650. I'd always wanted a GSX600F in blue and white (almost the old Ansett Racing team colours - Peter Goddard was a favourite rider - I even have a Goddard AGV Replica from his days in WSBK on the Aprilia) and it was the right price. Then I needed, yes needed, a bigger bike. I test rode as many as I could get my arse on and had all but decided on a GSX1400, but it wasn't brilliant around town and the salesman suggested a Bandit 1200, another bike I'd kind of wanted for a while (they were one of the original hoon bikes in the late '90s) and it was $2000 cheaper. So without riding one, I bought it. Thankfully the salesman was right, I loved it and still have it today.
    • Like Like x 6
  4. I've had two Yamahas, two Kawasakis, and two Hondas...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Owned
    1 x Honda
    1 x Suzuki
    1 x KTM
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Suzi, Suzi, Ktm, honda, kawi, bmw.
  7. Owned:
    Me, in order - Kwaka, Yammie, Honda, Suzuki, Aprilia
    PSYKCPSYKC, in order - Kwaka, Honda, Ducati
  8. I've owned
    Royal Enfield
    (reading that list back, I'd better clarify: I've owned bikes by those manufacturers, not the actual companies ;) )
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. um
    bimota , jawa, suzuki, yamaha, honda, kwaka, suzuki, kwaka, triumph ape
  10. Huh started Italian, that's unusual! Just based on initial cost to new rider!
  11. it was a mini bike lol
    second hand at least
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Honda, Suzi, Suzi
  13. Owned.
    Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Aprilia, Yamaha.

Had for riding for at least a decent while.
    Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Aprilia, Husqvarna, Yamaha.
  14. Kwaka > Kwaka > Honda > Kwaka................you'd think I am a Kawasaki man but strangely Im not, they just ticked the most boxes at the time
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Vespa, Triumph, Triumph, Yamaha, Yamaha, Yamaha, BMW, Triumph, and a partrige in a pear tree
    • Like Like x 2
  16. #16 CraigA, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    In order:DT100, Kawasaki KDX200, Suzuki 250 bandit, Yamaha FZ1, Yamaha R1, Triumph Daytona 675, Honda CR500E, Triumph Street Triple R, Aprilia Tuono, BMW S1000R.

I liked 'em all!
  17. started on a Suzuki - probably explains my anger management issues
    another Suzuki :mad:
  18. suz, yam, honda, yam, honda, honda, duc, honda, bmw. duc, honda, honda, duc, duc..... some of these shared the garage at various times...
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I started with the mighty Venox, and now the even mightier Yamaha XVS650A.
    Progress linear.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Lets see if I can get it right,...
    suzuki, honda, honda, honda, kawa, honda, yamaha, honda, honda, suzuki, yamaha, suzuki, yamaha, yamaha, yamaha, yamaha, yamaha, yamaha, yamaha, yamaha, yamaha, MuZ, yamaha, yamaha, yamaha (few years with yamaha dealers), yamaha, yamaha, hyosung (oh the shame), sherco, yamaha, yamaha, suzuki.(4 years and counting, who says I can't commit)