Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by 2wheelsagain, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Has anyone had any experience with Throttlemeister on bikes other than cruisers?
    How easy are they to operate/activate?
    Are there others I should be looking at?

2. Got fast-idle? Works the same way - I've used that as cruise control before - but a lot of people say their fast-idle lever doesn't give enough juice to keep the bike moving at any rate of knots. Mine will do about 130km/h. :LOL:
  3. I used to have a different one (throttle lock), but worked the same.
    They are easy to operate, and you can stillroll-off teh throttle in an emergency situation with some mild force.

http://www.bluerim.com.au/Throttle Rocker.htm is a very basic example.
  4. yep, I've got the throttle lock too. Good for long trips and easy to use.
  5. Ok, being the tight arse that I am sometimes I have just ordered a Throttle Rocker from Bike Biz. Should be here in a couple of days and I'll give it a workout doing the Alpine Way in a couple of weeks.

There are next to no vibes in the B1250 bars but its nice to be able to flex the fingers. I only intend to put it on for touring.
    I figure if I dont like it I've only lost $20 :)
  6. You paid 20 for it? :p I got mine for 5 or 10..

I have only used my rocker for a few hundred kms. Its best for freeway cruising - the trick is finding out the angle that you need to put it on, so that at freeway throttle its in a comfortable position for your hand/wrist - took me a while to figure out where it needed to go. Its also quite useful for cruising fairly open country roads with nice big sweepers (only works if you're cruising, if you start to go nuts its not as useful).

The other thing I've tried is the throttle lock. Cost $55. I used it down to canberra and back. However, this was on my 250.. Due to the lack of torque, any slight change in angle on the road and the bike loses power and you need to make adjustments (ie unlock, move, lock), which is a pain.

Due to that problem, I just took it back and got a refund. I will most likely buy one again though and use it for long trips on the SV, which its more designed for - fairly useless for little engines (apart from being able to wave with both hands). Also its important to note that with the lock on, the throttle became a bit jerky and sticky, so you'd want to take it off when you're not going to be doing long trips.
  7. They're going for about $30 inc postage on eBay. I found one online for $12.99 but couldnt do an online purchase without becoming a member of some site (junk mail) so I reckoned $20 was ok.

Of couse we all know the next time I walk into my local bike shop they will be on the shelf for $5 but thats life :LOL: :LOL:
  8. so.... back to the THROTTLEMEISTER.....
    anyone tryed em..?

I wanna try it on a Bandit 1200S
  9. Be careful with throttle rocker on, i use one occasionally on longer rides, however i discovered that it hits the zx-9's tank at full right lock. Embarrassing when doing u-turns... :oops:

If i didn't have my hand on the clutch at the time, i think i would have been sent into orbit.

Was thinking about one of those throttle locks.
  10. Unless you like to steer through twisties with the left hand only, throttle rocker SUCKS for twisty riding. Every right hand input see you rolling on. I find that it still interferes with cornering input "feel" even when the flappy bit is rolled out of the way, but that could be just a sportsbike thing. It's great for long stretches though, to take the pain out of your wrist. I use mine on relatively straight roads.

I used to have a throttle lock, but it wont fit over the oxford heated grips... been thinking about the thottlemeister style throttle lock...
  11. Mine stays on the bars Rob and its a very handy thing to have.
    On full lock its no where near my tank.
    I can understand how it effects throttle inputs on a sports bike but with the more upright stance of the bandit it's fine.
    It may help to explain why I'm better on right hander's though. Never thought about it much.