Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Throttle Cable Removal

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by presti, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Hey guys. I have a 1993 ZX2R 250 Ninja and im trying to remove the throttle cable and return cable from the carbies but im struggling. The spring and throttle connection on the carbies is jammed between the frame and the cabies, does anyone have any ideas as to how i should go about removing the cable? the Tech Manual i downloaded doesn't go into detail of it, and i don't wanna go mucking too much around that area as i don't wanna break anything.

Any help would be great! Cheers guys

2. Have you got a photo presti? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the cable being jammed between the frame and carbys. If I can see what you're talking about I'll have a better idea.

Sounds like your workshop manual is much like mine (for the VTR250). Basically says "Remove throttle cable" but doesn't say how. haha. I figured it out though and it's a pretty easy job, on the VTR anyway.

Post a pic and I'll see if I can help.
  3. Don't know the details of the bike specifically, but the carbies will be mounted in rubber boots. Going at it carefully you should be able to get a large screw driver and lever the carbies enough out of the way to remove the throttle cable.