Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thoughts on the New 07 R6??

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by nutter, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Seen 1 these other day at Dandenong Honda in the Red and White Colour

Looks very nice like the colour scheme, bike looks and feels much lighter.
  2. It's exactly the same as the 06 bar the new colour schemes.
  3. ...and the tachometer states the correct rpm which is a lower redline amount than the 06 model.
  4. Dont be a hater :LOL:
  5. and it has a 190 rear tyre :LOL:
  6. the new R6 is one sexy beast!!!!!!!!
  7. It's the sharpest, best 600 sportsbike ever. It's got amazing technology, it looks cool, you've got to have one...

...and in 12 months time you'll be reading all about how the 08 model craps all over it from a great height. Just like the 07 craps all over the 06, and the 06 crapped all over the 05.

And if you believe any of that, walk this way and have a look at this fine bridge I've just put on the market! :LOL:
  8. Six degrees of exhilaration
    Ask the opposition in this year’s Australian Supersport Championship, where after five rounds the R6 has not just won every championship round… but every race.

By anyone’s measure, the YZF-R6 bristles with the latest race-bred technology. Let’s start with the fly-by-wire throttle system – the YCCT (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) that uses a powerful ECU and multiple sensors to provide perfect, smooth engine response and optimal power. Or twin-injector fuel injection, with shower-type injectors above each intake funnel to help achieve perfect fuel atomization at high rpm.

There’s also the Straight Frame Concept – again developed straight out of MotoGP – where the YZF-R6’s steering head, swingarm pivot and rear axle all lie in a straight line for unsurpassed handling harmony.

There’s also a slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch, to make your late-braking attack on the clipping point as controlled and as accurate as possible.

And don’t forget the Formula 1-style air management system, presenting a small frontal area for excellent aerodynamics, while the ram-air induction ducts cool, high-pressure air past the steering head for optimal combustion, horsepower and enhanced engine cooling.

Latest technology, cutting-edge performance – R6.

GP-style titanium muffler: Contributes to mass centralization, and contains EXUP, an O2 sensor and catalyzers for a broad powerband, spot-on injection and EU-3 emissions compliance.
    R6 power: compact, lightweight DOHC 16-valve liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder features titanium valves, 12.8:1 compression and compact combustion chambers.
    Hidden technology: Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction - also a narrower engine.
    Slipper clutch: Back torque-limiting slipper clutch greatly smoothes heavy braking and hard downshifting at high speed, for safer, easier, more accurate corner entry.
    Precise handling: MotoGP-influenced style 52.5 percent front-wheel weight bias helps produce razor-sharp handling.
  9. Is that looking from above the bike? :p
  10. Was at a Yamaha dealer today and took a look at one of these. If i were in the market for a 600 this would be my choice of weapon. Had a good yack to the salesman and from what we discussed and what i saw, this a very impressive machine.. And thats coming from someone who isnt a fan of the product.. Oh and he also loved my 14.. :grin:
  11. i got one :p

beautiful bike, amazing power after 9K rpm (HUGE kick in the pants afte 11) , just needs a bit more mid range, but i've been told that a new exhaust system and compter fixes it up nicley.
  12. ummm...can anyone tell me whats the difference between the 06 and 07??
    looks the same to me and prob the same engine too.
  13. the only difference on the 07s are

- bigger rear tyre ( 190s )
    - tacho now reads a redline at 16,800
    - colour scheme
  14. That's sooooooooooooooo my bike next year!
  15. how much are the 07 going for??
    i expected abit more for the new r6 this year but oh well, i guess ill just get the 06
  16. How does the '07 ZX-6R compare to this?
  17. Its a yamaha, what mid range?

Does it matter? just about everyone on this site wouldn't be able to ride these bikes to their full potential to be able to squeeze out the difference? So does it really matter on how it goes?
  18. When it's my money, yes it does matter. :p

Also I wasn't thinking just in terms of outright acceleration and lap times, but rather power and torque characteristics, gearbox, comfort, dash display, ease of city riding, maintenance, etc.
  19. Kawasaki have always been good in my opinion, cheap bikes for good performance.
  20. how wide was the rear on the 06?