Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thoughts on paint colour?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by DarkAz, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Hey all,

been a while since I posted anything on here...

After an incredibly long hiatus, my beloved CBR600 is almost back on the road. Got a few niggle RWC things to finish up and then it's off for rego, and after a bit of fun, time to get it painted up.

For the old timers around here, you may remember the bike as shiny black with the grey/silver decals - it's now partly shiny black, part white, part primer and a bit of a jumble.

I'm trying to decide whether I go for a matte or gloss black (only) - I've added blue anodized engine/fairing bolts, oil caps, etc. and polished aluminium parts like rims (remember this old article?) rearsets, pillion grab rail and more. So I'm thinking the matte black would offset things nicely - but open to thoughts.

Really not worth considering going back to factory spec, as the stickers would be worth almost as much as the bike now - have thought about something custom down the track, but for now I want it to look *good* and get back on the road!
  2. If you go the Matt route, I would look at wrapping it instead of painting it with 3m Matt sheets. Google it
  3. Matt black for sure, with some small silver pinstriping to match the polished aluminium parts.
  4. hmmm like the idea of some subtle pinstriping :)

the vinyl wrap is an option - but budget is a consideration, how does it compare in cost?