Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thoughts on ARC helmet (Road, full face)

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by PhilC, Aug 17, 2008.

1. I currently have an ARC helmet that fits me nicely. There are two considerations that make me want input though (and why I'm considering replacing it).

A) I have no idea how much it cost, I bought it new but it was with a bike, jacket & gloves and I negotiated on the total package price. I know price isn't the only guide to quality, but it may give me a hint.

8) I came off wearing this helmet, but it didn't touch anything when I came off, I slid down the road on my side.

This is what I have http://www.archelmets.com.tw/full-face2.htm

I can't find much info on it, so I'd just like to hear opinions, pointers to reviews etc. Anything would help.

It's seen almost no use and never been left out on the bike or stuck on the handlebars. So it seems a waste to replace it if it's a reasonable lid.

2. Had an ARC too, which I'd used as a spare, have sold on ebay since. Different colours from those in your link, but likely the same shape - they're kinda "fishbowl" looking ie. rounded but a bit "short" just past the chin?

I found it noisy, and put it down to the shorty design ie. wind getting past the chin. Anyway, didn't use it much cos I liked my Shoeis (RF700 & XR1000) much much more!

How much are they worth used? If as new cond as you say, try $50 on ebay.

3. Thanks for the info. I don't recall it being particularly noisey, but I was a quiet bike. I was more interested to get an idea of what they cost new, just to use as one element in comparisson. I guess the primary thing has already been met, I find it comfortable, but then I did only try a few when I bought it, so who's to say soemthing else might not be more comfortable.