Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thoughts on a bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Scottatron, Jun 15, 2006.

1. All,

I have had a 2003 Honda VTR250 with 13,000k's (one owner since new, full service history and RWC) offered to me for just on $5,000. I have looked at countless pictures and it looks extremely clean and tidy, and only has a small scrape on the muffler.

Does this sound a bit too good to be true?

Should I snap this up like there is no tomorrow?
  2. It does sound good.
    My mates is older with more K's and he paid $6500 a year ago. It has no marks though.
    The VTR250 is a good ride aswell.
  3. This is probably a bit of a stretch, but is it a metallic maroon-red paint?

The bike I mention - 2003 VTR250 with 13,000km - was up for sale on eBay for $4,500 buy-it-now. I would have bought it, but in the time it took me to ask the seller a couple of questions over email, someone else snapped it up. This was just a couple of months ago, and near Darwin though, which is why it's probably a stretch for it to be the same bike.

Anyway, if there is a point to this message, it's that I was very interested in a VTR250, and from all those that I saw $5000 for that model and those km's sounds like a favourable deal, but not so low that it has to be "too good to be true".
  4. Nope, it is a blue one, not red.....

So, 13,000 in 3 years sounds ok?
  5. Yep, thats not a real lot of km's on a bike. 5k is a lot to pay for 250 in my opinion but if your after a shwanky new bike then your gonna have to fork out for it.

After looking on bikesales.com, 5k looks like a good price.
  6. Scott, that sounds like a good price. Even if you kept it a couple of years you'll still get most (if not all) of that money back when it comes time to sell.

I wouldn't worry about cosmetic damage at that price. If you ever wanted to fix it, it would be cheaper to get an aftermarket muffler than an original, and they sound better too.
  7. Def sounds like it is worth checking out....
  8. Hurry up and buy it!!

Sounds like the guy has just set a really reasonable price.
  9. I would not buy a bike without test riding it first. You must see the actual bike. Photos sometimes could be misleading?
  10. Thanks all, but someone else has bought it (Got it for $4,500 as well)

Ahh well, will keep looking.