Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Those 'pretty' anodised engine bolt sets....

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Rogues, May 27, 2012.

1. that you've got adorning your pride and joy...........:-s

just a possible heads-up.... hearsay only as I havent got them........but may be worth keeping in mind.......

2. Yep.....heard this a while back and steered clear of the kits.
    They are pretty, but not worth the hasstle I recon.
    Plus anodized will eventually fade.....and look cheap and nasty

3. It's not just anodised ones, using dissimilar metals will also to do it, ie Aluminium & Stainless Steel, results in Galvanic corrosion. There are various things out there to prevent it, copper grease etc.

I know because I replaced my brake rotor bolts with Stainless Steel ones. [-(

4. you have ally brake rotors?

Can similarly be seen when a bike is stationary for a while and brake dust falls onto the wheel rim.

5. No, but the wheels are. :)

6. Pretty......am I missing something? I thought they were the other thing.......um - that's right fucking horrible

7. IMG_6574_zps082b03d8. IMG_6512_zpsfaa91a7e.

IMG_6568_zps9b82cfb9.

IMG_6509_zps53d47ee2.

Also they shear off when you lowside meaning you need to drill them all out.

8. Sweet zombie jesus! What a thread necro, blue & gold anodised alloy & neon underlights!