Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thomas Cook Thermal Jeans

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by blocka, May 22, 2011.

1. Anyone ever used these? They are supposed to be waterproof and thermal lined so looks like a good all round option for riding during winter. The price seems good but there is a lack of reviews so am unsure if they actually work.

Before anyone starts about the lack of Kevlar/Armour, I have been riding in normal jeans ever since I first started riding, had one big stack and the only piece of gear without a scratch was my Lowes Jeans even after sliding down the road and wrecking my jacket.

2. lucky physics in one case may not be repeated in another, though

3. They are warm and water/wind resistant, if that is all you are looking for then they are a good thing.

4. Yup, I second that.

5. Blocka, as per the fine print - waterproof and water resistant are different things.

I dont think you will be able to ride with them for a period of time in pouring rain. May be get them and add another pair of Rjays waterproof overpants to your collections.

6. I've already got overpants, was more looking at them as an alternative to textiles where they would be alot easier to jump off the bike and go out or go to work without having to change while still keeping you relatively warm and dry.
    Also if one gets stuck in a shower while commuting they may just be a little more comfortable then normal jeans.
    So was just looking at confirmation that they do that reasonably well. Obviously if it's really heavy rain and I got the wets on the bike then I would put them on, as per normal.

7. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Tho personally I did try to sit around at work with my Draggin jeans but after some time, had to change to my normal jeans (which I taken along with me, just in case). The controlled temperature in the offices is the reason that make me sweat but if I'm outdoors etc, the jeans are fine. But that's me! :)

Let us know how you go with the Thomas Cook Jeans via the Product Reviews page, if you can.

8. Yea will do, I think I might get a set before my weekend to NSW in June. Will test them out then, will probably take a set of thermals with me as well though just in case :p

9. Always good to be over prepared (dressed) than under! Have fun!

10. Yes I have a pair and the are really warm but not really waterproof. Just need a light pair of gortex wets over the top and they are perfect.

11. thermal long johns brother, top invention