Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This zzr250 any good?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by ards, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Am after my first bike after doing the course and having got the gear.

Was keen on the zzr250, cause they seemed good looking and aussie sold and not too small, enough power so on.. correct me if i'm way off

anyways spotted a '98 in the trading post for 4000 which sounded alright. When i went for a look, it was alright to ride and started fine and so on, but i was surprised that it had 40k on the clock. The seller is the 2nd owner and lives close by, said she'd serviced it regularily (has the books etc.) and she said she'd got it when it had about 35k on it 2 yrs ago..

i'm fairly keen to grab it. i haven't got a mate that can give it a proper mechanical inspection, but am i asking for trouble with so many kays???

i know i might be paying a tad high, but am i getting wroughted for that many kays?

thanks for all the help.. just found the site today on a mates advice..
  2. 35k over approx. 5 yrs, then 5k over 2 yrs. Sounds fine to me, especially since you say it has books and presumably a good service record.

Make sure you take a read of this thread, https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4379, and the articles it lists for some great advice of checking over the bike and evaluating it further.
  3. thanks for the help...

i just didn't know if i was missing something glaringly obvious that a seasoned rider would know, such as certain things dying after lots of kays..

i expected to try and buy a recent model, but i didn't know bout the kays...

thanks though, some assurance is handy
  4. It not the kliks on the clock, it how they were put there, my ZZR is only 7 months old and has almost 8000kliks on it. It's not only my daily commuter, it also gets out most weekends for another couple of hundred k's, when I can just relax and enjoy the day.
  5. I have collegue who has had his ZZR for abt 10 yrs and claims is is indestructable - other than the obvious chain and sprockets wear and tear.
    He also claims that his mate ran his ZZR on afgas and took it up to the 200's - not sure if I would buy that bike - but he says it still runs fine.