Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This Weekend!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Zooka, Jan 18, 2007.

1. I've always enjoyed watching bikes from afar. I always said to myself, I'm going to get one of those one day. Well last Saturday I finally did.

Casting back a couple of months, my wife finally decided that her car was shite and she wanted to get rid of it. I replied, "Why not take mine, I'll get a bike, save on rego and petrol, and drive your car until I'm comfortable on it." She agreed and I nearly fell over.

So I took a week holiday from work, got my leaners at the start of the week, and by the end of it I had my opens (gotta love Q-Ride). Got to ride a CB250 and a VT750C (comfy!). My cousin also rides so I've enrolled his help to aid me in searching for my ride. First words he said when I told him I had my licence was, "Welcome to the flock." :grin: Can't wait to get out there.

I was leaning towards 250's just so I could adjusted before jumping on something bigger, but after a fair bit of research I decided to settle on a Suzuki GS500. Last Saturday I whacked down a deposit and I'm going to pick it up this Saturday. Haven't stopped thinking about it all week (actually, I haven't stopped thinking about bikes since my licence).

As for the saving money part.. well I find something new I want to buy everyday, maybe that was just an excuse.... :wink:
  2. I feel your excitement! 2nd tome round for me after a loooong break but I was in the same boat before Christmas!

Funny how the money can be spent quite easily with the right justification/incentive.
    Suggest to the wife we could go two up for the long rides.......better get a cbr1100xx....
  3. congratulations and welcome to the crowd - u'll have to see if u can make it to the milton coffee club on friday nights sometimes. i live near u and have had my bike for only a coupla months now - will be good to have some people close by to visit... :)
  4. Congratulations Zooka and welcome to the forums :grin:
  5. congarts champ, cant go wrong witha gs :grin:

got a gs500f myself love it but wanna upgrade now
  6. :newb: Welcome
  7. Welcome and congratulations on the bike. Just stay safe and take it easy for a while.

I am sure your bike will have the [​IMG] factor
  8. ...so we can bet that when you pick the bike up tomorrow that we'll hear about the great day you had whenever you get home :) Congrats and welcome to NR.
  9. Welcome Zooka, enjoy the NR experience :grin:
  10. Welcome Zooka, good travelling with the new bike.
  11. Welcome and congratulations! You'll have a ball.
  12. Hello again,

Thanks everyone for their welcomes. Everything went great today! She's finally home. Also decided to splash out on a new jacket for the occasion. Went for a ride around the suburbs when it cooled down a bit this arvo and had a blast. I thought I'd post a couple of pics of my new ride.

Look forward to getting out to the Milton nights Kezza.. just need to get a bit more aquainted with her firstly. Where do you usually go for a ride? I was thinking out to Woodford, or the Glasshouse Mtns might be a good run.
  13. Welcome Zooka,
    You're hooked mate, no hope for ya now. :grin:

Have fun. :wink:
  14. cooooooooool bike.........

at the moment - i ride whereever i can get buds to take me.......

my bike got fixed today and i went for my first ride for 3 weeks - went out to dayboro......so a ride up to caboolture and out to woodford or wherever sounds almost doable......

last night was really cool - i don't ride there and they all still talk to me so i reckon it'd be the same for u if were able to make it another way.....