Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This Sunday 30/Jan learner/intermediate mountain ride.

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Johnny O, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guy's, I'm going for a ride to the Dandenongs with my girlfriend (who is on ‘L’ plates) this Sunday, it will be at a leisurely pace that would suit other learner riders?

This ride would be a gentle way to introduce learners into easy twisty roads, the more advanced riders can have a little fun along the way also.

Starting point will be the Village Green Hotel at 10.00am, a second meeting point can be at McDonalds car park in Boronia Road, corner of Mountain Hwy at 10.30am for the Easterners.

Ride will then follow Mountain Hwy, at the bottom of the mountain we split into two groups for those that might like a more sprightly pace up to the Mount Dandenong Hotel for lunch, the learner group can take a more leisurely pace to the Hotel.

After lunch we will run along the Mount Dandenong Tourist road, Sherbrooke road to Monbulk road which will take us down the mountain to Belgrave.

Anyone interested, please put your name on the list so we can warn the hotel of our impending invasion ;-)

1. Johnny O..........Benelli Tornado

2. That's up near me so put me down as a 'maybe' :)

3. 1. Johnny O..........Benelli Tornado
    2. NovaCoder.......Kawa ZX6R

4. Geez, thought your girlfriend would have been No.2.... :p

5. Yeh me too :-( oh well, maybe she can't get to a computer right now? Far be it from me to make any public announcements using her name :)

6. Nah Kaz, the way Johnny has spoken about her, I'm sure she would be number 1!! ;)

7. She is my 'number 1', there is no 'number 2' :)

8. Count me in Johnny. As much as I don't like corners, I need to practice.

I will meet you at Maccas.

Cheers
    Lids

9. Put me on the list plz :D

Julz

10. does anyone here go for netrides that go longer than 70km??? :LOL:

have the boy on the WE....no show for me

Marty

11. Count me in thanks, Im always in for a spin around the Dandy's

12. I know that feeling I'm sure I wouldnt be out on the bike either if it became a choice between daughter and bike.

On a reasonable arvo from home to the other side of the spur and back is round about 200 k's but I can easily be talked into further than that with the words "ok where now? "

13. 1. Johnny O..........Benelli Tornado
    3. Lids.................?
    4. R1_lover..........?
    5. Slic1................Yam R1

14. whoa so many learner rides on. okay put me down for this one :)

15. It's time for Jake (Deyago) to play "boss" so I will leave it up to him. We may be up for a ride thru the Dandenongs on Sunday. We will get back to you before then.

16. 1. Johnny O..........Benelli Tornado
    3. Lids.................?
    4. R1_lover..........?
    5. Slic1................Yam R1
    6. takagawa.........Kawa ZZR250

17. Ok....count me in too!

Cheers,

Ree

18. Johnny...lm riding a blue honda CBR250RR.

I will be coming from Heidelberg so l will meet you guys at Maccas in Boronia Rd if lve got that right.

If anyone one is heading over that is near me let me know.

Will this be an all day thing or just ride and lunch, cause its my birthday sunday and dont want to get back to late.

Julie :)

19. Hey julie,
    i was sitting behind you a couple of times of late around the northern suburbs
    red across , black leathers , blacked out visor.
    if you see a red across give a wave , say hello

20. I sure will Glen...didnt see you or l would have waved for sure, then again l was probably to busy consentrating :LOL: :LOL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.