Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This reinforces my fear of stray monkeys !

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Mickyb V9, Feb 19, 2009.

1. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25076390-401,00.html

holy crap ! :eek:
    The chimp knows how to log on the internet and surf photos !! :eek: :eek:

Anyway, when I was 2-3y/o I was bitten on the left wrist by a spider monkey at some wildlife park, the scar is still on my wrist. (i'll take a pic of it, its a classic). Even since i've had this thing about stray monkeys ! when visiting interesting places around the world.

2. Funny how after she found out she could be charged for it she now denies giving the chimp Xanax. A medication for depression not prescribed for the animal.

Wild animals quite often prove people right in that they cant fully be trusted in a domestic situation.
  3. Don't think the fact it's a "wild animal" has anything to do with it - the same drug given to a human could have produced exactly the same effect.
  4. Man, not only do I have to constantly worry about stray monkeys, now I have to watch out for drugged stray monkeys... Total Bummer. :LOL:
  5. Spank anything long enough and it will get angry :twisted:
  6. What did anyone expect. It was a chimp. You can tell they're close to humans, they're so nasty.

Gimme a gorilla or an orang-utan any day. Far pleasanter personalities.
  7. I had a cheeky monkey chase after my bike on way up to Doi Setup monestry in Thailand. :shock:
    I personally dont like the feggers :? always get a very uneasy vibe around them, especially when their in packs and roaming wild around touristy sites. :eek:hno:

8. Especially if you're spankin' it with a shovel.
  9. I think many people would be suprised how strong even the smaller monkeys/chimps/apes etc are.

I had a young orangutang hanging off my arm deep in the rainforest of Saba, (north borneo) a few years back. he was about 1/6th my size.

Once his little hand is around you, you are not getting it off. Apparently, he could quite happily hang from a branch with one arm, holding you in the air with the other, and PULL YOU UP.

I'd hate to see one snap and go batshit. Even a little chimp.
  10. I warned you all eating monkey brains could have dire consequences, but would you listen?
  11. I read the stupid owner gave the chimp some xanax which made it whacked and out of control, shes the idiot here.
  12. Chimps aren't monkeys. They're apes.

Carry on.
  13. Not surprising

Adult chimps are aggressive and dangerous animals. They are also many times stronger than humans. Attempting to live with them on equal terms is batshit insane.

I remember a similar incident from 2005. If you're not afraid of chimps now, you will be after reading the following description of the attack:

"Investigators said they are trying to figure out how two chimpanzees that viciously attacked a visitor at an animal sanctuary escaped from their cage. The chimps chewed off St. James Davis' nose and severely mauled his genitals and limbs Thursday before the son-in-law of the sanctuary's owner shot the animals to death, authorities said. "

Specifically, they chewed his face, hands, feet and tore off his testicles. I don't know about you guys but that's enough to scare the hell out of me.