Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

this might sound a bit strange

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by rainman, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Im pretty new to motorcycles, and my first bike is a little quick, so I have been riding it very sedately.. just pushing it a little more each day as my confidence grows..

anyway, today I decide to try a few quick launches and first/second gear accelerations (I want to run it at the drags this year) so I get onto a good straight in an industrial area today and give it a blat. First... braaaaap second... braaaaap 130 km/h in no time.. anyway I get off it and owww owwwwww the pain.. my bottom/thigh muscles are like cramped.. both sides.. aaaargghh that fookin hurts.. I pull up and put both feet down, pain goes away.. WTF is going on here ? haha its like my bum has tried to hang on your dear life or something.

2. haha I've had cramps on occasion ... hate it :)
  3. Hmmm "Braaaap" "Braaap" when I make that noise its usually after a good chilli pizza.............

maybe you had to grip too hard with your legs to stop the jet propulsion???
  4. Probably just being nervous and clinging on for dear life. You'll get over it after you've done it a couple of times and get used to the front wheel skimming/lifting. :wink: :grin:

A Speed Four at the drags? What are you hoping it'll run?
    I'd be guessing a good pass would be low 13 seconds, maybe high 12's.
  5. You didn't slide back on the seat did you? You might have a ventura rack stuck up your ass causing all the pain. :LOL:
  6. I wanna know what you is riding!
    A Hayabusa maybe??
  7. You were just terrified doing that speed on a Aprilia Scarabeo scooter :LOL:
  8. Triumph Speed Four mate.. kickass bike eh, I love it
  9. hehe.. Ive had the scarab up to 78km/h (confirmed by a bicycle computer) in full tuck on a nice flat stretch (not bad for a 50cc eh) the Trumpy does 80 in the blink of an eye.
  10. Did you tear the vinyl on the seat by clenching your cheeks to hard?
  11. I think I have just tensed up my legs subconciously.. I was concentrating more on feeling if the front was going to come up or not.. Ive popped the wheel a few times going into second too hard and it has scared the crap out of me..