Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

this looks like a good ride

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by NedKellyAUS, Dec 6, 2006.

1. 318 turns in 18kms eh?

Makes the Reefton Spur's 197 turns in 20.5kms (from the bridge over the Yarra to top road junction) seem tame in comparison.

This video shows on on-bike run through Deals Gap, and it's evident that unlike Reefton's often very long hair-pin corners (90-180°), Deal's Gap consists mostly of shorter length and higher speed corners (45-90°).

I guess that the closest thing we have to Deals Gap here in Victoria in terms of corner speeds and surface would be the Black Spur, but it has just 113 corners over 16.0kms, but half of the Black Spur is interspersed straight bits anyway. I guess if you took out all the straights from the Black Spur, and doubled the length you had left over, you'd have something like Deal's Gap.
  2. 'The Dragon's Tail'
    Just saying it makes me want to go there.
    Who's coming?

3. Looks busy and narrow - I have seen a vid of this road on youtube (or similar) with what looks like an american equivalent of a B-double taking the whole road, surprising the locals out on a quick fang. I will see if I can find it again.

Keep up the cool posts.

4. Also look up deals gap or devils gap.