Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This looks awsome!

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by davidk, Sep 8, 2015.

1. #1 davidk, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    The Laos motorcycle diaries.....what a trip! :)
    ...please excuse my spelling!! ....I meant awesome of course haha!

BBC - Travel - The Laos motorcycle diaries

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Those adventures are fantastic.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hmmm...

Time for a long trip, methinks! :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. bloody hell....tough rules in this forum haha!
  5. Nah not the forum. Just my rule. I need to start a collection somehow :)
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Nice. Might have to add that to my list. I did Mongolia a few years back by bike and it was one of the best trips I ever had.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. I can only dream of a trip like that.
  8. We rode inn Laos last year including to the Plain of Jars sites.
    At site one where the busses go there were about 20 other people, at site two and three we were by ourselves.
    Riding motorbikes has allowed us to experience many places in South East Asia that most tourists miss out on.
    Preparing for seven weeks riding in Vietnam now and can't wait.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. If you can save up the coin it's well worth it. You can do trips of around 10 days for $2200 ish if I recall correctly. I highly recommend HART at St Ives in Sydney. Did a one day offroad course with them and it gave me all the skills I needed. Bought all the armour and dirt bike gear really cheap at bikebiz. Previous year's lineups were all very cheap. The dirt bike course taught me a lot and also improved my road riding.