Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This isn't mine (wish it was..)

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by hornet, Jun 2, 2008.

1. ....but it has to be the most astonishing photography of any ride every undertaken!!!

Some of you may have seen it already, but for the rest, be patient and look at ALL the pages, it is truly inspiring (as in, 'how soon can I sell everything I own and do just this??' inspiring :LOL:.

2. Mate, it was an inspiring read. Thanks for posting it!

I reckon you could probably organise or at least sow the seeds for this sort of trip yourself? It may not be prohibitivly expensive?

3. Would love to do this trip one day.
    You and me Paul
    I'll be Ewan and you can be Charlie, just bring a wig.
  4. Saaaaaaaaaaay, what're you doing next weekend, hornet? ;)
  5. I've just come home from a tour which was incredible in its own right, but this is simply amazing. What an experience these guys had. Hats (helmets) of to them for what they did. Awesome.
  6. Seriously, if there was one trip I'd love to do, this would be it.

So, when are you due to retire, cos it's going to take me a lot longer to save up for it than you :LOL:???
  7. I did some of this trip when I was backpacking in 1987, amazing scenery but very scary roads.
    On the lower loads there seemed to be a truck crashed into huge pine trees and hanging over massive drops on every (hairpin) corner.
    We were in a bus one day which got fed up waiting behind a queue and overtook the whole line of about 20 vehicles only to come around the corner and find there had been a landslip and the road had gone - he didn't stop he just accellerated and we bounced across a pile of boulders back onto the road!
    Interesting traffic and hazards over there!
  8. heh I won't retire till at least 60 what with a current 3 year old.
    you'll be too old to ride by then mate.
    Put in a powerball ticket for this thursday and pray hard
  9. :shock: Amazing stuff. I'd love to do it, but I doubt I could ride it... maybe as a pillion :)
  10. Wow....

And Wow at the whole thing...
  11. There are heaps more inspirational world trips on the site. You can lose yourself over thier adventure ride reports!
  12. Have decided to do the ferris wheels tour of this region next year - not as adventurous as those guys - but a chance for a commuting bloke like me to see that amazing scenery, and have an adventure within my abilities.

Yes, I will take heaps of pics
  13. Stunning photos and an awesome read..what an adventure!

I like the part where they had to cross the boulders blocking the road.