Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This is why you have an experienced rider at the back

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Ktulu, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Boy, 10, killed in motorcycle crash

A 10-year-old boy has been killed in a motorcycle crash in the Tamban State Forest near Kempsey, on the NSW north coast.

About 6pm (AEDT) yesterday a man and his three sons went to the forest in Collombatti, north of Kempsey, to ride their motorbikes along the bush tracks.

But after completing a circuit of the area, the family realised the 10-year-old was missing, later finding him unconscious beside a tree on one of the forest tracks.

The boy was taken to a nearby house, where he received first aid, but he died before ambulance officers arrived at the scene.

Police from the Port Macquarie Crash Investigation Unit are investigating the crash, and will prepare a report for the coroner.

Condolences to the family :(
    I've met a lot of great guys while camping who love enjoying the bush with their sons on trailies with mates - great activity for sons and fathers, I reckon.

Shit & harsh lesson on planning some sort of formation when group riding... even in the bush. Think ahead guys.

:cry:

2. So sad, no person should have to bury a child.....

I agree about the TEC concept; I think that apart from taking the lead through the Ten Mile on the Three Points Ride, I've played TEC on most every group ride I've been on, and had a completely satisfying experience doing it....

3. Very sad news

Condolences to the family

Depending on the severity of the accident, TEC may not have been able to do anything for the boy :cry:

4. Sorry, what's "TEC" ?

5. tail end charlie

6. That sucks big time. :(

7. Old Air Force term...... replaced quite often.......... the enemy found him 1st.

8. that's sad to hear. :cry:

10 years is too short a life.

9. This is tragic news,
    My thoughts are with the family ..

10. Sincere condolences to the friends and family. :angel:

We used to take the dirt bikes out bush, but it's got to the stage there are too many 4wd to tackle, so mainly do club/track days and ride on our track regularly. Unfortunately there are not many places for the kids to ride their bikes (legally) without belonging to a club. :evil:

11. tragic and sad for all concerned.

things do, and will, suck at some point in time.

be realistic about the risks you take in everything you do.

RIP little dooood :(

12. +1.

Sad indeed. :cry:

13. Sad... What do you say to your wife?!

The only problem I can forsee is trying to get your kids to keep the pace so everyone can keep up!

As we get older, its easier for us to see our limits. Not so for a kid just starting out. What happens when the oldest does the same cos he took off away from the group?

Deciplin would help.

It works either way I guess