Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This is me

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ImSkitzoAndSoAmI, Dec 30, 2014.

1. #1 ImSkitzoAndSoAmI, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    I figure I should do an intro for myself.

I'm from NSW and in my early thirties, just starting out with road after riding dirt since my early teens. Initially I rode motocross with some bush work thrown in, but more enduro style now (I ride a 300 2S, I wouldn't want to try it around an MX track). I haven't had a lot of time for the dirt bike lately.

I'm stuck on P's for 18 months despite being (well) over 25..... including red P's for the next 6 months. Unfortunately I didn't bother going to P's straight away when I got my L's, but instead waited until the last minute. I figured it didn't matter much on a dirt bike, just riding to/from fuel stations and from cars to start points type thing.... little did I know I would have a change of heart about road riding now.

Tomorrow I should take delivery of an MT-07. I test rode one on christmas eve which had a pipe on it and found it a decent enough machine for the money. It's not a scary bike, but then I only did 5km in traffic. So I couldn't really push very hard. Anyway I like the look of it (the panels are carbon wrapped) and it's about as much bike as you can get in the LAMS system. I'm sure I will get a lot of enjoyment from it. The dealer wanted 2k for a pipe, so I will be taking a standard one (other than the wrap, rim tape and tail tidy) and will source a pipe and what not myself.

I came on here to ask about gear, but I will start another thread on that, as I know most tend to only hit newbie threads if they are the type to say Hi/Welcome.
  2. Welcome to the forum, and beginning your adventures on your MT-07.
  3. Welcome to riding a real road bike, and to Netrider..
  4. Welcome Skitz (love the handle!) Monster Torque? Don't forget to post up pics of your new machine, awesome Chrissy present for yourself, well done.

Enjoy those twisties.....
  5. How do I post photos that are on facebook?

These are the panels I am getting:

I don't think that will be the bike though, as it has even more bling on it now - they said they will probably put the panels on a stock bike.

Thanks for the welcomes.
  6. Welcome to NR from Adelaide
  7. welcome aboard :] very popular choice of bike. As for the gear try it all buy what feels right.
  8. Welcome to the forum!
  9. Well the finance wasn't completed on Wednesday unfortunately. Being NYE the YMF staff left at 12:30pm. I wasn't meant to get it until tomorrow as I was going away (4WDing) from Friday to Sunday and I'm busy today, but my 4WD broke on me and I arranged to take delivery on Saturday. You win some you lose some.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hi mate......... interesting nick name!
    nice bike too.

What part of NSW are you in???

11. Haha yeah the nick has been in play since I was dialing up to make forum posts... I still think I'm funnier than everyone else does though.

I'm from Mittagong in NSW.
  12. Welcome to NR world...I'm confused why you copped a funny P system- do you have an unrestricted black drivers licence or do you have a lot of TIN on it and not a lot of points left???
    "If you’re over 25
    If you’re 25 or over, you may be exempt from the P2 licence stage.
    To qualify for the exemption, you must:
    • Be 25 or older when you apply for the full rider licence
    • Hold a current Australian full driver licence
    • Have completed at least 12 months on your P1 rider licence
    • Meet any other relevant licensing requirements."
    Admittedly I am probably older than your mother but I only have to hold my red Peeees for 12 months (in reality a further 10 mths and 14 days not that I'm counting) then I waddle into the rego office and get my blacks- simple as that...:D Then I go straight away to get a new bike to add to the stable:LOL:
  13. I fail point two :bag:
  14. Ah, just up the road (from Campbelltown).

Nice bike! . :)
    • Like Like x 1