Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

This is just wrong..

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by foot69, Mar 22, 2011.

1. I'm a bit slow on the uptake. I had to look at that for several seconds before it jumped out and poked me in the eye.

It's ... er, well it's not something you see every day.
  2. Mmm... makes me wonder if the brakes have got what they need to handle the donk upgrade.
  3. Well you've got a cb750 with cam chewed into the head and a z with a frame that rusted apart.
  4. Well - why the hell not I suppose?

The finished product looks very clean and neat and stock, and unless you knew that the engine does not match the rest of the bike you wouldn't know that it was a custom build would you?

I like it.
  5. Either of the original bikes restored to that standard would be worth more financially and aesthetically. It detracts from it that the lowered look ruins the 'almost original' concept, looks like some lard arse sat on it and the springs haven't recovered!
    To me its not one thing or the other, I'd prefer to see an original resto or a more radical custom, like something someone would have done in the late 70's. It already has the aftermarket pipe, and with rearsets and a cafe seat, swingarm extended just a little (50mm or so) and clip-ons it would look GREAT.

6. for half the money you could buy a bike that steers, accelerates and feels better

The Honda frame was never as good as the Kawasaki's

I wonder if he's now going to put the surplus Honda engine in the surplus Kawasaki frame :LOL: ???
  7. Of course you could Hornet, but then you wouldn't have to fritter away hours of your life.................. (oh, I see)

8. Of course then you'd have to worry about what to call it.

Is it a Hondasaki or a Kawaonda?
  9. Not a chance!!